Wednesday 23 April 2008

Greetings

Hello!

My name is Nick Bottom (obviously not my real name!). I currently have an application in through the GTTR, and am applying to study PGCE to eventually be a secondary teacher, bringing the kids all the wonders that the English language has to offer. Or something like that.

I am male, in my late twenties, and already have an undergraduate degree, a major portion of which is in the English faculty, from a well known and widely respected UK university (and not from one of those posh hoity-toity ones like Oxford or Cambridge either!).

This is going to be my anonymous blog about the process of becoming an English teacher from my own point of view. I am blogging under the name Nick Bottom because he is always a favourite character from Shakespeare, and if you don't know Nick Bottom, I urge you to make haste, go forth and read A Midsummer Night's Dream!

In the meantime, wish me luck, and in turn I wish good luck to the many other PGCE applicants out there.

No comments: